Friday, June 29, 2012

Slackers

All right, so things came up where we were out of town for long periods of time.  We were in Las Vegas for a funeral.  Going out of town can really take a toll on you in many different ways.  It is harder to eat good, it is harder to exercise, and it is hard to stay consistent with anything.  Things to consider when you are going out of town for either vacation or work, First, plan ahead.  Don't use this to make the excuse not to eat well or exercise.  I like to make sure I bring my running clothes and set times that I will be out running.  I also tell those who I am with that I will be gone during those times.  Having someone to "report" to, goes a long way.  The great thing about being away is you also get to explore new places while running.  Map your course so you know where you are running and how far you are running and then tell your buddy what that course will be so someone knows where you are.  Second, when going out to eat, if you have to go out to eat, choose places that are good for you such as Subway.  Choose the good meals that will give you energy.  If you can, try and buy food at the grocery store and stick to what you know is best.  It will help you out health wise and also help your wallet out. Don't ever let being away from home be an excuse to be lazy and unhealthy.  These are the times to shine and show your desires to do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment